Swiping for a Soulmate: 20 Tinder Do’s and Dont’s for Men Seeking True Love
Tinder is a tantalizing online dating app that is modernizing the search for true love in the new age.
Although Tinder was originally designed as a “hook up” app (ie: let’s meet at a bar, get drunk, have casual sex and never call the next morning), you’ll be surprised to discover that a fair share of users are actually seeking authentic, long term, soulmate level love relationships.
Unfortunately a lot of “good guys” get abandoned in the “swipe left” dust because frankly… your profile SUCKS.
Gents, I want to help you find your true love! Touch up your Tinder profile with these 20 “Do’s and Don’ts” Tips:
1) YOUR PHOTOS: Guys, you have about 2 Tinder seconds to woo your future bride. Choose your first image wisely!
- Post an image with you and a bunch of other dudes, your ex wife, or your mother.
- Indulge in the infamous bathroom muscle flexing selfie.
- Have a cheap beer in your hand in every single picture.
- Hide behind your sunglasses.
- Focus on your bright eyes and your sweet smile.
- Have an image of yourself cleaned up in a collared shirt with a nice glass of wine at a fancy bistro. Help her imagine your first dream date!
- Use two quality headshots, two action shots, and one artsy image.
- Ask your best girl friends to go through your photos and pick out the best ones to use.
2) YOUR STATS: There are a few key details that every woman wants to know before swiping.
- Mention sports teams.
- Use emoji’s to describe your interests.
- Never, ever say “Living Life to the Fullest!”
- Tell us your profession, your height and your family situation (ie: recently divorced with 2 teens parttime).
- Mention your UNIQUE hobbies (every dude works out at the gym and drinks craft beer, BTW).
- Include one funny fact about yourself.
3) RELATIONSHIP INTENTIONS: Tinder is awesome because you can cut to the chase and ask for what you really want. If you are seeking a soulmate, put it out there!
- Describe your hesitancy for using the app (“not sure why I’m here, just checking it out”).
- Make a list of what you DON’T want (no hookers or fat girls).
- Never, ever say “No Drama!”.
- Describe the kind of relationship you seek (not here for hookups, I am a true gentleman seeking my soulmate for a lasting relationship).
- Be honest, authentic and charming.
- Trust that there are a LOT of amazing women swiping in your city who are seeking a real man like YOU!
Once you get that lovely “It’s a Match” notice, don’t hesitate to send her a nice message and make the first move!
Happy swiping, and good luck.
P.S. LADIES… are you swiping for your Soulmate? Check out the Empowered Women in Love Tribe HERE!